Many Australian Businesses have switched to a 1300/1800 number to boost sales. A 1300/1800 number is easier to recall (especially if it’s like a phoneword or a rhythmic set of digits) and can be more appealing to interstate callers.
Other benefits of switching to a 1300/1800 number is adaptability, when moving location you won’t need to pay any additional port forwarding costs as the number moves with you. It also provides greater redundancy for your business as we can direct the number to two different answer points (including a mobile) so that if your main phone service is offline for any reason calls are automatically redirected. We can also send calls to different geographic locations (such as your branch offices) based on the location of the caller.
How Toll Free Numbers Work
A 1300 number is a 10 digit phone number starting with 1300.
- Callers only pay for the cost of a local call when calling from a fixed line anywhere in Australia.
- The owner of the 1300 number pays a per minute rate for receiving the call which varies based upon the origination of the call and where the call is answered.
A 1800 number is a 10 digit phone number starting with 1800.
- Callers do NOT pay for the cost of a local call when calling from a fixed line anywhere in Australia.
- The owner of the 1800 number pay a per minute rate for receiving the call which varies based upon the origination of the call and where the call is answered.
Purchasing a 1300 / 1800 number
When purchasing a 1300/1800 number from us you have two options:
1) Purchase a randomly selected number, which we allocate to you from the next available number in the wholesale market. These numbers are a significantly lower cost than purchasing a specific number.
2) Choose a specific number combination for an additional fee via the ACMA SmartNumber Auctions.
What does it cost?
Coloured Lines has some of the cheapest rates in the market for inbound services. You pay a service fee for each number per month, then just for the minutes that the number is used by callers. Simple! Get a quote from us today and we can work through the costs and benefits for you.